- Non-OEM bags are often less expensive to purchase outright, but there are hidden costs. Unknowingly, you may need to change or clean them far more often. They may break down much faster after washing; they may let dirt pass through them, polluting the air in your home. They will almost always shorten the life of your vacuum because they allow the air that cools the motor and other parts of the vacuum to be polluted with dust and hair. Dyson is a great example. Like most bagless vacuums, they are bypass units, meaning the air passes through the motor to help keep it cool and last longer. Replacing the bag with a non-OEM bag is almost like replacing the oil in your vehicle with more old oil.
- ALL of the vacuum manufacturers will terminate your warranty if non-OEM, parts, bags or filters are used. While buying cheap is tempting on the spot, it can end up being more costly and time consuming in the long run.
- Recirculating the dust and dirt in your home is not only unhealthy for your machine, it’s unhealthy for you and your family.
Replacement bags and belts should never be reused. Only “washable” filters can be reused after they have been dried.
Please refer to your manual or give us a call if you have any questions.
- A full bag.
- Dirty or wet filters. At some point a filter can no longer be cleaned well enough and should be replaced.
- A blockage in the hose or a tool. Take the hose or tool off and reverse the airflow. AFTER the blockage has been cleared your machine will need to cool down. This can take several minutes to a few hours. Watch out for a hidden or hard to find HEPA filter that needs to be replaced. FYI, no matter what some manufacturers tell us, HEPA filters can never be cleaned well enough. They should ALWAYS be replaced.
Europro SharkNinja Operating LLC c/o Motivational Fulfillment & Logistics
15820 Euclid Ave.
Chino, CA 91708
Please contact Europro/Shark in case their address or policies have changed.
Please take caution with animals and loose wires.
Miele’s with the SEB217 heads are normally the best for these types of applications, but the Oreck LW100 and LW1500 are also good choices. The Miele Home Care line of vacuums and tools are a great place to start to get the best bang for the buck. These have been proven to be the best investment one can make to truly care for larger flooring investments.
For bagged vacuums, change the bag when it is half to ¾ full and change the HEPA filter every 50 hours of use, or approximately once every year.